16 Mar Coronavirus Updates
Updated February 22, 2021
Because COVID-19 is still a threat in our community, we are continuing to operate on a curbside model.
Thank you all for bearing with us during this difficult time. We appreciate your patience with our COVID-19 protocols more than we can say. Your cooperation is making it possible for us to remain open and serve our community when it needs us most.
A surge in appointment requests has kept our team very busy over the past year which has resulted in a backlog with scheduling appointments. Wait times may be longer than normal, and the phone might not always be answered as quickly as we might like.
We are asking for your patience and understanding as we continue to maintain curbside care protocols with hospital access avaible only to staff.
Thank you again for your understanding and for continuing to entrust your pets to our care. We are grateful for every kiss, every cuddle, every chance we have to make your animal companions comfortable, healthy, and happy.
A Reminder of Curbside Pick-Up Protocols:
- Please call the hospital at 401-943-0770 to let us know when you have arrived.
- A technician will return your call to briefly take down your pet’s medical history.
- Answer all blocked numbers. It just might be us calling.
- Once the doctor is ready, the technician will come out to get your pet for their appointment.
Please be sure to give our staff a valid phone number where we can reach you in the parking lot.
Once your pet has received their services, a member of our team will bring your pet back to you.
For Cat Owners:
- Please secure all cats in carriers. A small hard plastic carrier with a door on top and in front is ideal. Laundry baskets or carriers that are broken or don’t have doors are not appropriate for cat transport.
- Many cats are comforted and calmed by having the carrier covered with a towel or small blanket.
- When the technician approaches your car, please get out and physically hand them your cat in the carrier. When the visit is over, please get out of the car to reclaim your pet from our staff.
For Dog Owners:
- When the technician approaches your car, please get out of the car with your dog.
- The technician will hand you a slip lead to put around your dog’s head for extra security.
- When the staff member returns with your pet, please get out of the car and help your pet back into the car.
Food & Prescription Medication
Getting your pet’s medications, food, and other supplies is still very convenient—we can do it curbside by having you pay over the phone. You can also order through our online pharmacy and have your pet’s medications shipped directly to your home.
Please don’t hesitate to call us at 401-943-0770 with any questions or to request a prescription refill.